Call for Proposals for small grants
“GrassRoots Action Support” – GRAS
Deadline for submission of application is: 20 DECEMBER 2019 Friday, at 17:00
Kosovar Stability Initiative (IKS), Lens and Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES), are implementing the project “GrassRoots Action Support – GRAS”, funded by the European Union and managed by the European Union Office in Kosovo.
The overall objective of “GrassRoots Action Support – GRAS” project is to support the consolidation of a tolerant, democratic culture in Kosovo by strengthening the internal management, accountability and transparency of Civil Society at local and grassroots level. The project has two specific objectives: 1) to improve CSOs’ understanding of policy processes, institutions and actors to enable them effectively engage and cooperate with government institutions especially at local level; and 2) to enhance CSOs capacities to efficiently increase their participation in policy making process.
The Call for Proposals within this project aims to support local CSOs, in particular grassroots and community-based organizations, with funding to carry out their activities in influencing public decision making through their professional/technical inputs and monitoring the functioning of public institutions.
Priority areas of intervention are:
- Good Governance: Citizen Participation and Local Accountability
- Social Justice: Socio-Economic Rights
- Promotion of Culture and Cultural Heritage at Local Level
This call for proposal will provide a minimum of 18 small grants for community-based projects and they will require cooperation with local institutions, media or central institutions on matters with local impact.
Minimum amount for financial support is EUR 3,000 and the maximum amount is EUR 6,000.
The funding will cover 100% of the total project budget. However, priority will be given to applications with secured co-financing of at least 5% of the total cost of the actions.
Activities implemented under this Call should not extend beyond 6 months. No extension can be planned or awarded under this call. The applicant must specify the dates and exact duration of the activity in the application form.
Who can apply?
- Be a local CSO registered in Kosovo
- Be non-profit-making, association, foundation, etc
- Be able to provide registration documents of the organization (certificate of registration, fiscal number certificate) and proof they have completed all obligations towards the state, including Tax Administration, bank account information)
- CSO beneficiaries of the previous GRAS call that have completed their projects and submitted the final reports including that the project proposals for this call are NOT a mere repetition of previous projects; this means that the proposal to be eligible shall be a) a different initiative in scope, objective, activities; b) a similar initiative in a different context (e.g. another school, municipality, etc) on the basis of results achieved during the first round. In such case an application is consistent only if the project is completed and is therefore possible to build on achievements and lessons learnt.
- Gjakovë/Ðakovica – 26 November (Tuesday) 12:00 – 15:00, at Qendra Rinore / Zyret e Këshillit të Veprimit Rinor Lokal
- Pejë/Peć – 27 November (Wednesday) 10:00 – 13:00, at Qendra Rinore Zoom
- Gjilan/Gnjilane – 02 December (Monday)10:00 – 13:00, at Qendra Rinore Gjilan
- Mitrovicë/Mitrovica – 03 December (Tuesday), 10:00 – 13:00, at Regional Development Agency North
- Ferizaj/Uroševac – 04 December (Wednesday) 12:00 – 15:00, at Municipal Assembly Hall, Street: Dëshmorët e Kombit n.n,
- Prizren/Prizren – 06 December (Friday), 10:00 – 13:00, at Kino Lumbardhi, Str. Remzi Ademi no 4
- Prishtinë/Priština – 10 December (Tuesday) 10:00 – 13:00, at Resource center Kosovo, Forum for Civic Initiatives (FIQ), Pejton, Street: Pashko Vasa, no:1
The application procedure is available in two forms:
- Downloading the forms from the project website grasks.com, and submitting by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Through the e-tool, an online application form available at https://grasks.com/apliko-online/ ,which tutors the applicants throughout the process, assists them sequentially, in each step, in a learn-as-you-go format
All applications must be prepared and submitted either in Albanian, Serbian, or English language, latest by 20 December 2019, Friday at 17:00hrs.
Questions regarding the propositions of this Call for Proposals can be written and submitted in either Albanian, Serbian, or English language, at email@example.com, latest by 13 December 2019.