No call for applications is currently open.
The deadline for submission of applications for “GrassRoots Action Support” small grants has expired.
Kosovar Stability Initiative (IKS), Lens and Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES), are implementing the project “GrassRoots Action Support – GRAS”, funded by the European Union and managed by the European Union Office in Kosovo.
The overall objective of “GrassRoots Action Support – GRAS” project is to support the consolidation of a tolerant, democratic culture in Kosovo by strengthening the internal management, accountability and transparency of Civil Society at local and grassroots level. The project has two specific objectives: 1) to improve CSOs’ understanding of policy processes, institutions and actors to enable them effectively engage and cooperate with government institutions especially at local level; and 2) to enhance CSOs capacities to efficiently increase their participation in policy making process.
The Call for Proposals within this project aims to support local CSOs, in particular grassroots and community based organisations, to carry out their activities in influencing public decision making through their professional/technical inputs and monitoring the functioning of public institutions.
Priority areas of intervention are:
- Good Governance: Citizen Participation and Local Accountability
- Social Justice: Socio-Economic Rights
- Promotion of Culture and Cultural Heritage at Local Level
About 20 grants for community-based projects will be awarded to third parties.
Minimum amount for financial support is EUR 3,000 and the maximum amount is EUR 6,000.
The funding will cover 100% of the total project budget. However, priority will be given to applications with secured co-financing of at least 5% of the total cost of the actions.
Activities implemented under this Call should not extend beyond 6 months from the initial date of the project, and should be completed no later than 31 May 2019. Only in exceptional cases a project of longer than 6 months duration (but no more than 12 months) will be awarded, subject to a strong justification for such an implementation period.
Who can apply?
- Be a local CSO registered in Kosovo
- Be non-profit-making, association, foundation, etc
- Be able to provide registration documents of the organization (certificate of registration, fiscal number certificate) and proof they have completed all obligations towards the state, including Tax Administration, bank account information)
- Prishtinë/Priština – 22 October 2018, 10:00 – 13:00, at EUICC/EU Information and Cultural Centre, Str. “Mother Theresa” nr.36
- Gjakovë/Đakovica – 23 October 2018, 10:00 – 13:00, at Qendra Rinore/Zyret e Këshillit të Veprimit Rinor Lokal
- Mitrovicë/Mitrovica – 24 October 2018, 10:00 – 13:00, at Regional Development Agency North
- Ferizaj/Uroševac – 25 October 2018, 10:00 – 13:00, at Orchide Restaurant, Str. Ahmet Kaqiku, nr. 35
- Pejë/Peć –26 October 2018, 10:00 – 13:00, at Qendra Rinore Zoom
- Prizren/Prizren –29 October 2018, 10:00 – 13:00, at Kino Lumbardhi, Str. Remzi Ademi, nr. 4
- Gjilan/Gnjilane –30 October 2018, 10:00 – 13:00, at Qendra Rinore Gjilan
The application procedure is available in two forms:
- Downloading the forms from the project website grasks.com, and submitting by e-mail at email@example.com
- Through the e-tool, an online application form available at https://grasks.com/apliko-online/ ,which tutors the applicants throughout the process, assists them sequentially, in each step, in a learn-as-you-go format
All applications must be prepared and submitted either in Albanian, Serbian, or English language.
For more detailed information, download the “Guidelines for Application” from above.
Questions regarding the propositions of this Call for Proposals can be written and submitted in either Albanian, Serbian, or English language, at firstname.lastname@example.org